Wednesday, January 11, 2006

January Sun


One thing which has been fairly scarce these past weeks has been the sun. Each morning, the grey skies would paint a bleak picture for the coming day. It has been pretty dark in the morning as well - dark enough to require "lights on" during our commute to school and work. Add in the fact that my office is devoid of any natural light and it is a formula for Seasonal Depression. Fortunately, I get to leave work when it is still daylight outside, or I would feel as if I was hibernating, without the benefit of the added sleep.

Such was the landscape this morning - thick clouds hanging low on the prairie, after yesterday's drizzle. What a pleasant surprise when I saw sunlight at lunchtime. The temperature was a tolerable 45DegF, add in the sun and it was quite pleasant. The kids were able to play outside after we got home, and that is when I took these pictures.


The Scrapbooking message board I frequent recently posted a Photography challenge on "shadows". When I picked the kids up from school, I had the perfect composition picked out, but no camera. By the time we got home, the shadows had become too long to get decent picture. No big - the kids were more than willing to give me several big smiles.



1 comments:

Kaye 9:25 PM  

Great pictures!

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP