Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July Weekend

We spent Sunday and Monday in Springfield, IL and visited several of the Abraham Lincoln sites. First, the Lincoln Home National Historic site , where he lived with his family, from 1844 - 1861. It was an interesting visit - we were able to take a tour of the house, which started out as a one story home and was expanded to 2 stories. The home is restored to its 1860 state, just prior to Lincoln's departure to Washington as the 16th President.

Here are the Scott and the kids in Lincoln's bedroom (he and Mary had separate rooms, as was the custom at that time):



And in front of the home:

Then we walked to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum - this is a fairly new museum with lots of high tech exhibits.
Erica at the entrance:

Posing with the "Lincolns":


It was quite fitting to spend the 4th of July weekend learning more about this great president. It really was a very tumultuous time in American History and Lincoln's presidency was certainly a turning point America.

8 comments:

Anonymous 6:59 AM  

Dear mommy,

How are you doing?
sincerely,
Erica

shirley 7:00 AM  

Hi Erica - I am fine

Mommy

Anonymous 5:23 PM  

Dear mommy,

How is China?
is it cool?!


Love,
Erica

Anonymous 8:11 AM  

dear mommy,

I know you may be sleeping
but I know your in china
so what is it like?
write back,
Erica

Anonymous 9:49 AM  

Dear mommy,

Please go to your computer
i'm dying to hear from
you!

write back... PLEASE!
Erica

shirley 10:32 AM  

Hi Honey -
Check out my new blog entry - it tells you all about my adventures so far. I haven't really been asleep since I last saw you, so I will be going to bed now.

Leave a new message with the new entry.

Love you!!
Mommy

shirley 6:00 AM  

Hi honey!!
I am glad I got to talk to you last night. I should be able to call you this morning. I went to a Chinese temple today. Hopefully, I can get some pictures posted.

Love you and miss you!
Mommy

Anonymous 7:55 AM  

Dear mommy,

Cool you got to see the Chinese
Temple!Oh by the way Brian wanted to know if you got the cars movie yet,
OK? And is that all you did today
[for me yesterday]?

Remeber call us and post me,
Erica

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP