Friday, August 15, 2008

Full Moon


Scott called me out of the depths of the basement this evening to inform me of a photo op - the full moon.

So I pulled out my tripod to shoot the moon.
20 minutes, a lens change and 25 shots later, I settled on the shot above.

It always reminds me of the song, Shoot the Moon, performed by Norah Jones:

The summer days are gone too soon
You shoot the moon
And miss completely
And now you're left to face the gloom
The empty room that once smelled sweetly
Of all the flowers you plucked if only
You knew the reason
Why you had to each be lonely
Was it just the season?

Now the fall is here again
You can't begin to give in
It's all over

When the snows come rolling through
You're rolling too with some new lover
Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely
It was just the season


Some truth in the first verse - the kids go back to school next week.... the days are getting shorter....summer days are indeed almost gone.

Tech details ('cause I might need to refer back some day!):
Nikon D70
Lens: 70-300mm F4.5/5.6 G VR (VR turned off)
Focal Length: 300mm
Manual Exposure: F/10, 1/160 sec
Tripod is a must, I also set the self timer to reduce camera shake

5 comments:

Jayne 2:03 PM  

Very cool picture!!

Sherry 9:57 AM  

I saw it last night, too. =] Awesome picture (could be in a great picture or science book) and love me some Norah Jones. Thanks for sharing!

agent713 5:23 PM  

D@mn! That's awesome!

Anonymous 7:47 AM  

LOVE that shot!!!! Very cool. I so admire your photography skills!!

Darcy @ m3b 11:24 AM  

Turned out wonderfully!

I would have loved to capture the full moon this month. I hope October is warm enough and clear to try again.

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP