Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Food Adventures

Stolen from Patricia's Blog:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.

1. Game from an animal that someone in your family killed.

2. Ice cream from a dairy farm that makes their ice cream on the premises. Bonus points if you can eat your ice cream and see the herd of cows that it came from.

3. Wild berries that you find, pick and eat yourself. Where I grew up, wild blueberry bushes grew in the woods. Yummy!

4. Something deep-fried that was never meant to be deep-fried. How about Fried Ice Cream?

5. Pizza from a NY City pizzeria that's at least 40 years old.
Not New York, but I think Pizzeria Regina in Boston's North end might count? They opened up in 1926.....


6. Bread made from scratch, still warm from the oven. I used to bake my own bread.

7. Food from a street vendor. Bonus points if you and that vendor don't share a language in common. In Taiwan, there are lots of street vendors who don't speak English (or they didn't in the 70s)

8. Fish you have caught and cleaned yourself. Northern Pike caught at the St Lawrence River area. I also cooked it.

9. Birthday cake (and frosting!) from scratch. Sure - I was big into baking before we had kids. Now, no time to make it from scratch.

10. Salad from someone's garden. Tomatoes and basil count?

11. Homemade salad dressing. Easier to make than you think!

12. Baseball park food. Bonus points for a Fenway Frank. Beer doesn't count. I am sure I ate something at Fenway Park.....

13. Homebrewed beer. One of Scott's friends from HS / college makes his own beer. Was tasty.

14. Something baked in an EZ-Bake Oven.
My mother refused to buy me one when I was a kid.


15. Slab bacon from a butcher shop or meat market.

16. Real maple syrup. When you live in New England, you are bound to have this and maple syrup candies (shaped in leaves - pure sugar)

17. Astronaut ice cream (purchased from a gift shop on a school field trip, if possible).

18. Something you didn't think you would like, but you tried anyway. Raw oysters and clams, when I was a freshman in college. Yummy!

19. Yuengling beer. I had to google this - I thought it was a Chinese beer! I'll have to look for it at the market.

20. Mastroianni Brothers bread

21. Bueon Y Sano burrito

22. Guiness draft. Warm, in a pub in the UK somewhere.

23. Haggis (not for taste, for bragging rights!) We experienced Haggis last summer during our trip to Scotland. It was OK - kind of like a corned beef hash. I was going to eat more, but I bit into something with the consistency of cartilage and was done.

24. Beets Don't like them, though.

25. Avocado Yummy!!

26. At least 10 different kinds of sushi. Parents operated a Japanese Restaurant for 20 years. I've had a lot of sushi. The kids love it, too.

27. Something you've grown from seed Was into growing tomatoes, basil, parsley from seed before kids. Found that buying the plants was easier.

28. Something with the head still attached when it was served. In China and in Chinese families, fish is traditionally served with the head still attached. I refuse to eat the eye, though it is considered a delicacy.

29. Crawdads/Crayfish (Bonus points if you caught/cleaned them yourself). When visiting the south. But we didn't catch them.

30. Alcohol that was older than you were. Probably not, but who knows??

1 comments:

agent713 1:33 PM  

What a cool survey! I've answered it on my blog.

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP