Wednesday, July 22, 2009

206/365 - Transported out of the Country?

It certainly felt like we left the country and were transported back to China - we drove to Quincy to enjoy Dim Sum at the China Pearl. This restaurant is little sister to its [Boston] Chinatown's counterpart. The Boston China Pearl has been a fixture since I was in college, always busy and crowded, always loud, but always delicious and authentic.

The Quincy restaurant was no different, although probably less crowded because we chose to come out on Wednesday instead of the weekend.

The servers walk around with carts of dishes - you choose what you want:
090722DSC_0424

It didn't take very long for our empty table to become spotted with our favorite dishes:
090722DSC_0417

I don't remember the last time I had chow fun noodles filled with shrimp - maybe back in 2005? It's been a long time!
090722DSC_0418

Then desert - a black bean donut - freshly fried and just so yummy.
090722DSC_0420

After our feast, we walked down to the end of the strip mall into the alternate universe that is the Kam Man Marketplace - it was the biggest Asian market I have ever seen (outside of China, of course). Rows and rows of foodstuffs I remember from my childhood (and some from my adulthood).

Beef jerky - Brian picked out a pack and consumed it on the way home - I had a piece and it was really good - much better than the Jack Link's leather sold at the Wal-Mart.
090722DSC_0430

Then the kids' favorite - Pocky - lots of it.
090722DSC_0431

Some cake I found to be humorous - is this what the husbands buy their wives to get out of the doghouse?
090722DSC_0433

If you ever want to experience China without the long, expensive flight, just head over to the President Plaza in Quincy, MA.

2 comments:

Becky 11:31 AM  

I'll have to look up that restaurant when I'm in Boston next June!

Nadya 's World!!! 11:31 PM  

You are so making me droooooooooool!!!! Yummmmy food!!! I think I want to get some local food for dinner now... LOL :) YUMMMMM!!!!
Nadya

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP