Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cookie Time!

I haven't made cookies in 3 or 4 years. This year, I will be sending then out to Auntie T and giving some to the neighbors. Last night I made Molasses cookies (like gingerbread) and formed Pinwheels - they were baked this morning.

Today, made ribbon cookies and I still need to make spritz shapes.

Basic recipe follows:
Butter Rich cookies, great in a cookie press.

1 C Butter (2 sticks) - I use unsalted Land o Lakes
1 C Confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp flavoring (vanilla, etc. I also use almond extract.)
2 C flour

Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the flavoring and mix some more
Add the Flour

Use in cookie press. I use the ribbon die and press out strips of dough.
Back at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
I dip one end of the finished cookie in melted chocolate and then into chopped pecans. YUM!

Variation - Substitute 1/4 C Cocoa powder for 1/4 C flour for chocolate cookies.

Pinwheels
Make a batch of vanilla. Form dough into a rectangular block, wrap and chill for 30 minutes or so.
Make a batch of chocolate. Form dough into a rectangular block, wrap and chill for 30 minutes or so.
Take vanilla dough and roll out into a large rectangle, 1/4" thick. (Roll out on wax paper)
Do the same with the chocolate.
Place the Chocolate on top of the vanilla and roll it up, jelly roll style, into a long log. Chill again until firm. Slice into 1/4" pieces, then bake.
Yum!

1 comments:

Le@nne 6:43 PM  

Shirley,
I love trying new cookies - and I like to use the cookie press.
If I make any I'll let you know :)
Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Le@nne

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP