Thursday, June 17, 2010

166/365 - Gotta Love Technology

Since visiting Michele, Andrew and little Felix, I've been missing my little baby fix. It's one thing to view still pictures (which I do enjoy), or talk on the phone, but video conferencing takes things to a new level!

I had installed Skype on my laptop a few weeks back because I knew Michele had it installed on hers. I had no idea how to "call" anyone, but I managed to link up with Michele this afternoon. I saw her online and pushed that "call" button.

Voila! She and Felix were there! It was like something out of the Jetsons or Star Trek. Of course, I had to take a picture.

10.06.17 - Technology

I'm looking forward to more frequent contact with Michele, and hope the kids will enjoy this new mode of communication. Michele plans to get Mom and Dad set up, too. Then we can hold virtual get togethers! Who knows what we'll be able to do in a couple more years. "Beam Me Up Scotty" anyone?

2 comments:

agent713 5:16 PM  

I need to install skype sooner rather than later. Maybe we can "chat" when I do :)

thekreativelife 12:09 PM  

THIS is so neat! Maybe I need to get on the bandwagon too. Sometimes technology scares me to death. lol

And truly . . . who knows? I think I'd rather be "beamed" somewhere as to endure a long flight any day. ;)

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP