Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 on December 12

I'm late posting this because of the activities I've been caught up in these past few days. Presents to be wrapped, cookies to be baked, music concerts, choir rehearsals, just a sampling of the past few days.

Friday morning started with hot chocolate and waffles for the kids' breakfast. It was lightly snowing outside - nothing major, just enough make things pretty in the air.



I had to get gas, and the prices have held steady around the $1.65 / gallon mark. No complaints here!



Some holiday displays around the house - our collection of past and present Holiday cards, set upon the piano. It shares this space with the Nativity set.


Also displayed on the Dining room table - various Ruldolph characters.


Outside, some remnants of this morning's snow, swept on the patio bricks.


After dinner, I started this weekend's major project - baking of cookies. As I write this on Saturday night, I have made over 240 cookies. The common basis for the cookies - these three ingredients - butter (has to be Land-O-Lakes Unsalted), confectioners sugar and flours.


This cookie extravaganza is only possible because of my Kitchen Aid Mixer (a wedding gift from several of my MIT friends). Having creamed butter with sugar and flour by hand, I know what a great tool this thing is.


Tonight's accomplishment - a layer each of almond and chocolate dough, which then are placed on top of one another and rolled together for pin wheel cookies.


While I make the cookie dough, Erica helps out by washing the dishes - she was a big help!


Another task that I need to get on - addressing and sending out the Christmas Cards!


Finally, we have been nibbling on these treats over the past week - the colors are so Christmassy, and they taste great, too.

3 comments:

Sherry 11:45 PM  

I always love looking at your 12 on 12. That's a lotta cookies Shirley! Do you send them out all over? Fun!

Lee 8:08 AM  

Fantastic! Thanks for the reminder that I should be making some cookies, too ;)

Anonymous 8:24 AM  

I enjoy your blogs and love the music!! Happy Holidays.

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP