Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Shadows and Light



Keeping with the "Light" theme from yesterday's Photo of the Day, I snapped this picture of one of our outdoor lights. The cloud free sky today allowed ample sunlight, and I love the color of the light as the sun slowly descends in the afternoon. I was drawn to the color and the shadow along the brick facade.

I only took one picture. Maybe if I restrict myself, it will force me to think before shooting. [although I admit, I didn't think very long before I took this photo - it was cold outside] What would I do differently? I would drag out the ladder or something to stand on so I would be on the same plane as the light. Because the perspective is tilted to me, which I don't quite like (I am one of those people who makes sure the horizon is straight in my pictures - it must be the engineer in me). Maybe I would try to get closer to force a shallower depth of field. Maybe next time (which is, tomorrow!).

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP