Saturday, February 04, 2006

In Preparation for Tomorrow's Big Game

Or is that big commercials, bloated commentary and big egos?
I just hope there aren't any GoDaddy.com commercials - last year I forced someone to change the channel which then resulted in the group missing a Budweiser commercial. Well, I guess one can always watch those over the Internet the following day.

But I digress..... we are having a "small gathering" tomorrow for the game. Small, as in 10 adults and 10 children. I must be dillusional - that's a full blown party - shin dig - whatever!

OK, so I am planning what we will be having. This is what we have so far:

  • Chinese Dumplings, made by hand
  • Assorted dips & salsas - Chipotle Dip, Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Ranch Dip, Spinach Dip.... is there any other dip out there? And the chips / crackers / veggies to do the "dipping".
  • Pasta Salad (that sounds very boring)
  • BBQ Chicken wings - compliments of Tyson and the oven
  • Drinks (I calculated out how many litres of soda to purchase - isn't that geeky?)
  • Beer
  • Gin and Tonic - because that's what I want to drink
  • Pizza - compliments of Dominos
  • Brownies and Blondies (brought by others)
  • Cake - it's M's birthday, even though she doesn't want others to know and make a fuss!
My list has been made - time to load up that shopping cart!

3 comments:

agent713 11:38 AM  

Sounds good! I'm coming to your house ;) Oh, and my brother will be happy to know you're getting Domino's. He's a big football fan but he's also the manager of a local Domino's and he's rubbing his hands together with glee over the totals they're anticipating today :D
Have fun!
~Heidi

shirley 6:22 PM  

Well, I am happy to say that we had a great time - lots of food and fun. Oh yeah, there was a football game on as well (and not a very good one at that!).

The pizza guys must LOVE the superbowl! The only drawback is that they have to work.

Kaye 7:39 PM  

Wow, that's a lot of food!!! I'm glad y'all had a great time. :)

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP