Saturday, February 11, 2006

Questions and Answers

I received this list of questions from a friend from Scott's college days, and thought it was a fun list of questions. So, you know the drill - if you are so inclined, copy and paste into your own blog!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:08 a.m. Awaken by Brian who wanted to snuggle.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, though jewelry in general not a big deal to me.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - it was very good! I would like to see Memoirs of a Geisha, but will probably be forced into seeing the Pink Panther.

4. What's your favorite TV show? Lost, and then Alias

5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Blueberry muffins - yum!

6. What's your favorite cuisine? In a traditional sense, Seafood. In a modern sense, I like variety more than anything, so probably “fusion / eclectic” style.

7. What foods do you dislike? Hmmm - nothing in particular, except for some of the very exotic, traditional ethnic stuff - like Pig’s feet, chicken feet (some of the stuff my parents eat). And anything particularly fatty.

8. What is your favorite chip flavor? Cool Ranch - Doritos, of course. Then for plain chips, I love Blue Corn Tortillas by Garden of Eden.

9. What's your favorite CD at the moment? Michelle Branch, The Spirit Room. I just purchased Santana’s latest, All that I am, but haven’t listened to it yet!

10. What kind of car do you drive? A 1997 Tahoe, with 112,000 miles on it!

11. Favorite sandwich? I make a mean muffaletta. Or grilled chicken with spinach and chipotle sauce.

12. What characteristics do you despise? Incompetence.

13. What is your favorite type of clothing? For hanging out in the winter - sweatpants. In the summer, shorts and a nice fitted T-shirt.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I think I would have to say China right now, as it interests me more as I get older.

15. What color is your bathroom? Neutral tan - very boring!

16. Favorite brand of clothing? I have a ton of stuff from the Petite Sophisticate / Casual Corner - too bad they just closed all of their stores. After that, I have a lot from Talbots, but I have been disappointed in their current stuff - very “old” and non trendy.

17. Where would you retire to? For the Winter months, North Carolina or Florida. For the Summer months, the Berkshires.

18. Favorite time of the day? During the summer - at the break of dawn, as I am taking my morning run and watching the sun rise. During the Winter, any time after the kids are asleep and I can relax.

19. What was your most memorable birthday? Probably my 21st - I passed out right at midnight!

20. Where were you born? Seattle, WA

21. Favorite sport to watch? NFL Football, Then Illinois Men’s Basketball

22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? ???

23. Person you expect to send it back first? ??

24. What laundry detergent do you use? Wisk High Efficiency, only because it is cheap at the WalMart

25. Were you named after anyone? No - but my English name is taken from my Chinese name, which means “Spring Water” (or something like that).

26. Do you wish on stars? No - Praying is the way to go

27. When did you last cry? Last night, while watching Bambi 2, when Bambi is talking with his mother in his dream.

28. Do you like your handwriting? Yes - it’s not too messy

29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Heck, yes!

30. Are you a daredevil? Not really

31. Do looks matter? Unfortunately, yes - I agree

32. How do you release anger? I run or workout.

33. Where is your second home? I guess that would have to be Massachusetts, although my parents recently moved out of the house I grew up in.

34. What were your favorite toys as a child? I loved my ONE Barbie.

35. What class in High School was totally useless? Hmm - this is a tough one.... probably my health class.

37. Favorite movies? When Harry Met Sally, The Wedding Planner, The Horse Whisperer. I’m sure it changes with time....

38. What are your nicknames? Shirl, maybe

39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No....

40. Do you think that you are strong? Emotionally, not really; physically - yes, for my size

41. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Right now, Edy’s Girl Scout Cookie ice cream - Mint Cookie.

42. What are your favorite colors? Jewel tones - greens, deep purples, garnet, etc. Black. I used to hate orange, but have gotten used to it in Illini country.

43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I wish I were less shy around people I don’t know. I wish I had better presentation skills.

44. Who do you miss the most? My friend, Barney.

45. Do you want everyone you sent this to, to send it back? I’m hoping that people will copy it to their blogs

46. What color pants are you wearing? Black running tights (just got back)

47. What are you listening to right now? I decided to put the Santana Album into the computer - it is playing I am Somebody.

48. Last thing you ate? Blueberry muffin.

49. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be? Aubergine

50. Last person you talked to on the phone? Scott

52. Favorite Drink? Water. Alcohol - Gin and Tonic (glows under black light!)

53. Do you wear contacts? Yes, only on the weekends. Not to work because I work in a Chemical plant.

54. Favorite Day of the Year? Probably Memorial Day, as it always falls close to my birthday, and it is normally wam

55. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy Endings.

56. Summer or winter? Summer, I guess..... I really prefer Fall.

57. Hugs OR Kisses? Both! But hugs are probably nicer.

58. What is Your Favorite Dessert? Bread Pudding. Or chocolate cheesecake.

59. What Book(s) are you reading? A Photoshop Elements book

60. What's On Your Mouse Pad? Sadly enough, some statistical propaganda for Six Sigma, from GE.

61. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Part of Bambi 2.

62. Favorite Smells? Lilacs in Spring, the leaves in Fall

63. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Neither, I don't understand the hoopla - same here

64. What's the furthest you've been from home? Taiwan, when I was a little girl. On my own, Berlin, East Germany, 3 months before the Wall came down. And I am scheduled to travel to China for work later this year.

1 comments:

Kaye 2:44 PM  

This was fun to read! I'm definitely going to steal it for my blog. :)

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP