Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Big Event - The Twilight Movie



Today's big outing - the much anticipated viewing of the "Twilight" Movie, which opened yesterday in theatres across the nation, to the screams of many teenage girls.

Over the past week, the Twilight fervor increased with nightly viewing of the Twilight Trailer, newspaper articles on Twilight, and the ever present Twilight wallpaper on the computer. I get to look at Kristen Stewart's face each time I boot up the computer or navigate to the desktop.

We attended the 11:00am showing this morning - I took Erica and her friends Kathleen and Melanie. Their mother, Sara decided to pass on the movie. I also met up with my friend, Jill, so that I would have another adult to make comments to.

I would give the movie 3 1/2 stars out of 5. It certainly wasn't the worst movie I have seen (that would be Street Fighter, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme), but it won't win any Academy Awards. Of course, I have read all of the books and formed my own perceptions of the characters, which did not match the characters casted in the movie. I liked how screenwriters wove the trio of bad vampires (James, Laurent and Victoria) into the storyline, but the dialog was a bit sparse. Even the other Cullen Vampires didn't get much screen time. I guess the directors were maximizing the smoldering looks between Bella and Edward. I expect the movie will generate enough cash to seed the sequels, and let's hope we get more Alice (she's my favorite) and less goofy Jasper.

1 comments:

Sherry 11:00 PM  

My daughter is dying to see it...it's just been so crazy busy. I thought the teaser clips sounded lame, but I guess I will have to see for myself. LOL

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP