Sunday, November 09, 2008

Gratitude Post 8 - The Internet




Forget Cable TV, the Radio and the Newspaper. I could live without all of three. But there is one medium I couldn't live without and that is the Internet (and my high speed connection...). Today I am grateful for my access to the World Wide Web, as it has changed the way I do things. Without the Internet, I wouldn't be writing this post. I wouldn't be connected to all the wonderful people I have come to know as my friends, even though I have yet to meet one in real life (I hope someday I will meet them). I have reconnected with several friends from college and high school, while keeping tabs on new friends in town.

Scott and I often compete over computer time with the kids. They can't believe "we grew up without computers". The kids don't realize how easy they have it - from Club Penguin, WebKinz, Disney.com, etc, they can't envision a life without the Internet. Even their school research is heavily enabled by information found on-line. They don't have to schlep to the library to look things up in an encyclopedia (Do they even keep those in the libraries anymore? I doubt it!).

What do we use it for?

Research and Book travel - done on-line.
Christmas shopping - done on-line.
Download songs, video, software - all available on-line.
Play games - done on-line.
Lots of other stuff - doable on-line.

So don't tell my husband, but I could cancel the Cable TV one day, but not our Internet Connection.

2 comments:

Nadya 's World!!! 1:04 PM  

I so agree with you. :)
I wouldn't be able to live a day with our my internet. TV and other things, sure... But I need my SS fix and other stuff... LOL:)
Nadya

tosin 1:06 AM  

Sooooo true! I have always said that if it was possible I would be willing to sit in the dark with no power as long as there was still a way to have internet access.
:)
~toemi~

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP