Monday, January 18, 2010

18/365 - Necessary Condiment

Tonight's dinner called for one of my favorite condiments - Hoisin Sauce. It is a barbecue-like sauce containing fermented soy, sugar, vinegar, garlic and chili. And this brand - Koon Chun - is the only one I will use. I remember my mother using this brand when I was growing up. I have to go to the Asian market to find it, but it's so worth it.

10.01.18 - Necessary Condiment

Tonight's recipe -
Cut up 1lb chicken breast into thin strips. Marinate in 1 Tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar.
Cut up red pepper into strips, 1 carrot into thin julienne strips, chop up 2 green onions, chop 2-3 cloves of garlic. Slice 4-6oz mushrooms.
Heat wok, add 2 Tbsp oil. Stir fry chicken in wok. Remove cooked chicken from wok. Add red pepper, carrot, mushrooms and stir fry for a couple minutes until softened, add green onions and garlic, cook another minute. Add cooked chicken, 2Tbsp hoisin sauce and 2Tbsp orange juice and cook for a couple more minutes.
Serve with rice or in lettuce wraps.

3 comments:

Lee 7:43 AM  

YUM. I haven't had Hoisin Sauce in YEARS. I read your post and I am now HUNGRY. Hmm, wonder if I have time to make it for dinner tonight :)

Becky 12:09 PM  

Sounds delicious! I've never had hoisin sauce. I'll have to look for it now.

Anonymous 3:39 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP