Friday, September 17, 2010

For Today - September 17, 2010

FOR TODAY:

Outside my window.... the combines are harvesting corn and beans, taking advantage of this beautiful end of summer day – clear blue skies, mid-seventies.

I am thinking.... September is more than half way gone? How did that happen?

I am thankful for…the changing seasons and all that comes with it.

From the kitchen…I need to make my big batch of sweet basil pesto this weekend. I hope I can squeeze it in on Sunday.

I am wearing…jeans and a dark brown tunic.

I am creating … still working on those Italy pictures! The last day in Florence – will I ever get it done??

I am going…to pick up the Bounce House this afternoon in preparation for Brian’s birthday party on Saturday.

I am reading…nothing right now, with the exception of the blogs I peruse. I need to get started on the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

I am hoping…I can get it all done this weekend. So much to do.

I am hearing…my current favorite song – Uncharted by Sara Bareilles. And I am hearing it played in my head. Favorite line in that song –

Compare where you are where you want to be and you’ll get ... nowhere

Around the house…I need to vacuum the basement and family room so the boys sleeping over on Saturday won’t breathe too much cat hair in!

One of my favorite things…Pumpkin Spice Coffee for this time of year!

A few plans for the rest of the week…Book Club tonight, Then Running, Soccer, Cleaning, Brian’s Birthday bash, complete with Laser tag, bounce house and sleepover on Saturday. I think I’ll collapse on Sunday!

A picture to share -
Mostly Pink
After a prolific start, the hydrangeas faded quickly in the heat of the summer. Then the blooms started to dry and turn a deep pink, almost rust color. A sign of the impending fall.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All images on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of SLPhotography and shirley319 (© 2009, 2010). Do not steal, borrow or pirate the images here.

The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code. and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) prohibits the use of digital property to be used without the consent of its owner.

Stat Counter

email subscription

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP